Sunday, 23 November 2014

52 week pick and mix challenge - Books & Brown

Hi all,

Sorry for the absence all week but me and my fiance and the dog went away just a little break but needed to recharge. I am back and feeling more like me. This weeks theme for the 52wpnmc is brown and books, as I am still not feeling 100% myself I combined the prompts and sort of tweaked them.

For this week I used Colour Club Poetic Hues, W7 Suede, BarryM Espresso and Color Show Brick Shimmer.



I thought I'd try and do newspaper nails, I know I know not quite a book but I don't read all I do read is the Metro on the way to work haha so this is the closest I can do.


I watched a few Youtube videos and asked around on groups and the lovely Vicky from Vicky loves Nails said she was doing a tutorial. Perfect and it seems me and her think alike as she did burnt newspaper nails as well for this weeks theme. So thank you to Vicky for the tutorial you can see it here and visit her lovely blog, she is doing a giveaway this week to celebrate 1000 Facebook followers so head over. (Picture below preview of her blog)



This is what I ended up doing. For some reason I just couldn't get the transfer from the newspaper to sit on my nail I think I need to have constant pressure on it to make it work, although I wasn't happy with the way the transfer worked I am more than happy with the burnt affect. Definitely one to try again. I coated with a matte top coat.





What do you think of my faded burnt newspaper nails? Check out the inlinkz below for more amazing nail art. 






No comments:

Post a Comment